POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : height field : height field Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:04:54 EDT (-0400)
  height field
From: prepress
Date: 24 May 2000 10:34:42
Message: <392BE9D0.7042822A@printingincorporated.com>
I'm creating a scene with a mountain range in the background. I used
Photoshop and the airbrush tool to paint my height field file. When I
render it, there appear to be holes where triangles have been dropped in
the height field. I've tried it with the Photoshop file saved as a targa
and as a png file, but get the same results.

I also have run blur filters on the Photoshop file several times to make
sure there were no random dark pixels in the white parts of the file
that would cause sudden drops in elevation.

I've rendered this in both the Mac official version and in MegaMacPOV
and the results are identical. Any suggestions?

By the way the height field file is 900 x 900 pixels.

Thanks,

RJay Hansen
email: rha### [at] 2540dpif2scom
http//:www.2540dpi.f2s.com